Wednesday, April 6, 2011

This dresser in Luci's room has been begging me to paint it yellow. So today I said, "today's the day you will be made yellow."
As I was getting the paint and stuff ready to paint it, the ceiling at the top of the stairs said, "Hey! What about me? I've been like this for like five months!" It's actually been more like six, but I didn't say anything. This is the wall that spoke to me.

I said, "but blue wall, you're so scary and tall!" He was and didn't say anything else. 

Then I heard another voice. It was the wall behind the computer upstairs. "Paint me! Paint me!" He said. "I'm not scary and tall!" I said, "we'll see." I heard green wall mumble some curse words. 


I got to work on the dresser. I dumped out all the clothes into a corner and took out the drawers. Luci thought it was pretty fun. Her hair looks like that because she had just returned from a motorcycle ride.






I painted.

And then I waited. And while I waited I painted the green wall. And he was happy.


Oh, dresser, I do like you yellow!

Luci's room makes me happy. I wish that it was acceptable for an adult woman to have this color in her room.
Blue wall is still mad at me. He'll have to wait though because finishing him truly makes me fear for my life.


0 comments: