Friday, March 21, 2008

Parenthood...

I have been thinking about how before I had children, my life was mostly spent doing things for myself. And occasionally I would do things for other people. I've realized that being a parent puts you in the position to be doing the opposite. If I would have thought of this pre-kid, I may have thought "Ugh, seriously, that sucks!" But as I was changing Olivers diaper last night at midnight and giving him a little mid-night snack, I actually felt happy to be doing these little things for him that will make him more comfortable and happy. I realized that doing the things we do as parents for our children are as much for us as they are for them. A light bulb went off in my head, making somebody else happy, brings more joy and satisfaction then making oneself happy!! I'm so grateful for my children, they have changed me in so many ways, it's unbelievable.

6 comments:

cAsSy said...

I'm glad you like my blog!! I hope you don't mind that I read it. I met you at Pipers blessing years ago. :)

So I think this is the sweetest thing you could say about motherhood. I am not a mom yet but I hope I feel the same way when I become a mommy. I hear a lot of negative things about motherhood and it really turns me off but when I hear all the good things I get so excited. Both you and Toni seem like the best moms ever.

Stephanie said...

Goll, thanks. except if you really knew me you might not think i'm such a good mom!!!LOL I don't mind at all if you read it! It's nice to think that someones actually interested in looking at it!

Cindy said...

Stephanie is a great mom, you can tell just by being around her and her kids. Eli is so smart partly because of his mom. Stephanie has a great family.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

thanks mom, you have to think that though! lol

Toni said...

You are a great mom for sure!